We all want change and we want it NOW! We want to lose weight, be healthier, be happier all in an instant. You and I both know that lasting change doesn’t happen overnight. It is the little consistent steps we take that get us to our goal. Most people I know are all or nothing. They jump into change and go gung-ho until they burn out three days later. They go 500 miles an hour and hit the wall.
So how do you make change? With Baby Steps. Here are some suggestions for making change.
1. Drink 1 extra glass of water a day.
2. Eat 1 extra serving of vegetables a day.
3. Walk 5 minutes a day.
4. Do 30 seconds of stretching several times per day.
5. Do 5 squats or push-ups during tv commercials.
6. Park farther from the store and take your cart back.
7. Close your eyes for 30 seconds and deep breathe.
8. Go to bed 10 minutes earlier.
9. Read 1 positive quote per day.
10. Take 5 minutes to listen to your favorite music.
11. Eliminate 1 sugary treat per day.
12. Dance (ok maybe just wiggle) to one song a day.
13. Compliment someone. It will make you feel better.
14. Write down something you want to accomplish and read it
15. Draw a picture, even if it is a stick figure. It will help
bring out your creative side.
By doing one thing differently than the day before you will make great changes in your life. Pick one or several of the above and start Baby Stepping today!
Yours In Health!