My last post was about the ill effects of wheat. Wheat damages the intestinal lining causing inflammation and a whole host of problems. Healing your gut is extremely important for whole body health. So what do you do?
First you need to stop doing what you are doing. You must do a radical diet change in order to heal the gut. Eliminate all sugar, alcohol, caffeine, wheat, grains, dairy, soy and eggs. I know this is a lot but when your gut is hurt you need to be drastic. Focus on eating vegetables either raw or lightly steamed. Eat easy to digest meat like chicken, turkey and fish. Have one serving of fruit a day.
Next you need to add nutritional supplements to help heal the lining of the gut.
1. Probiotics are necessary to restore the normal good bacteria in the gut.
2. L-Glutamine helps repair the gut lining.
3. Aloe Vera has an anti-inflammatory effect on the damaged intestinal lining.
4. Slippery Elm has a calming, anti-inflammatory effect on the damaged intestinal lining. It also is a mucilage that coats and protects the lining.
5. Peppermint Oil in a capsule calms the gut.
6. Digestive Enzymes are necessary to help break down your food.
Next is gentle exercise. Do not go crazy on the exercise as vigorous exercise can cause inflammation.
Lastly you will need to incorporate some type of stress reliever. Whether it is prayer, meditation, visualization, hypnotherapy… something to help get your stress out of your body.
Within 30 days you will start to feel a change. It may take 6-8 months or even a year to heal your gut. For some people eating any wheat keeps the inflammation process going. I think I am one of those. I will have to be diligent on keeping wheat out of my life. Once your gut is healed you will have to stick with the dietary changes in order to not create an inflamed gut again.
Yours In Health,