Supplements – What Do You Really Need?
Every where you turn you will see recommendation for supplements. On the Dr. Oz Show, Dr. Oz talks about taking a supplement for this ailment and that ailment. Every healthy magazine has numerous articles about the new wonder supplement. Take this supplement to help with your energy, take that supplement to help lose weight, take this supplement to prevent cancer.
Holy cow! If you took all of these recommendations you would be taking hundreds of pills a day. What you may not realize is your liver has to process all of these supplements. Even though they are “natural” they still have an effect on your body. Many weight loss supplements have a potential for liver damage. How is that for “natural”.
Don’t get me wrong, I have searched for the magic pill to increase my energy and make me superwoman. I have spent thousands of dollars on supplements that didn’t help me one bit. The older I get the more I realize there is no magic pill. Here is what I do know:
1. You need to take a good multi-vitamin with minerals, vitamin D and most likely extra B (due to the stress most people are under).
2. You must exercise every day to keep your strength, mobility and flexibility. It doesn’t matter what you do you just need to find something that jives with you.
3. You need to eat your vegetables. 4-8 servings a day, every day.
4. You need to get sleep 7-9 hours a night.
5. You need to take time out to have fun -laughter is great medicine.
6. You need to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water every day.
7. You need to completely eliminate or cut way back on sugar and processed foods.
Do these 7 things every day and you won’t have to search for the magic pill.
Yours In Health.